Saturday, September 13, 2008

Pictures!

The morning slowly coming over the lake

This one's my favorite

Low hanging clouds are awesome

River I came across while walking from my hotel to downtown

There's a bunch of willow trees by the lake

When in Rome...

These were all taken during the bus ride to the mountain to go snowboarding on Saturday morning. The colors are all muted since I'm taking them from inside a bus. I wish I knew how to use a camera better (photoshop possibly?)





So, I did a what's called a Canyon Swing. It's a bunjee jump combined with a large rope swing. You free fall and then you swing across the canyon. The guys working there are a bunch of goof balls that try and f with your head the entire time. "See that velcro" (points to crappy velcro on the aparatus connecting me to the wire) "You probably want to keep your hand wrapped around that to keep it on" Of course, the velcro was completely functionless but it *looked like* it was holding on the strap. They would point to a loose ring on my harness "Oh, did you undo your harness? That's supposed to be fastened. It's your backup. Were you messing with it?" Admittedly, they do a great job of getting to you. Mainly, they would never tell you that everything was ready to go. I'd ask them "So, are we good? Is everything strapped up?" and they would change the subject or start pulling on my harness showing me where it was kind of loose. I actually have video that I'll put up as well.





Of course, I had to put in for an additional jump. The backwards they claim is the scariest but I thought this one was a better thrill since you could watch the ground coming up as you fell.




1 comment:

John said...

The photos where you're going face first looks like the gallows...kind of unsettling for those of us who love you...take lots of photos for the rest of us who are struggling to carve out a living...I'll see you soon.

Uncle J