Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Dufflebag o' Adventure


And so it begins. The Dufflebag o' Adventure, previously the Dufflebag o' Survival, previously the Dufflebag o' MIT Football Equipment, will be serving me again. I'd like to defend how much I packed by saying I had to prepare for a lot of different activities and climates. It weighed in at a mere 36 pounds. Take that Airport Surcharges.
Anyway, I'm sitting at my gate waiting for the JFK-LAX portion of my flight. I arrived at the airport uncharacteristically early and all flights are following suit to be on time.
I'm trying to transition out of the Manhattan mindset of crowded solitude as early as possible. I had a fifteen minute conversation in line with an Italian guy. As soon as he learned I worked in finance, he asked about Freddy and Fannie and I explained the best I could the current financial situation. He then asked me what he should invest in which always annoys me. I gave a muddled answer about a muddled economy and told him timing these things are impossible. He then asked about the upcoming elections affecting the market and I probably annoyed him.
I have a feeling I might have both of those conversations again before my time's up.
Time to shut down. Hopefully I'll be in Queenstown in 28 hours.

No comments: