Thursday, September 11, 2008

Hang onto your hats kiddies





I arrived in Queenstown and this place is absolutely gorgeous (see above photos, the last two are taken from my room). Anyway, I made quick work of filling my schedule while here.

Weather permitting, my schedule will look a little like this (Mom, skip this part):

Saturday: Snowboarding at Coronet Peak
Sunday: Adventure Combo Pack - Bungee jumping over a canyon, speedboating through rivers/lake, and then a helicopter ride to the start of a white water rafting trip
Monday: Snowboarding at Remarkables Mt
Tuesday morning: Hang Gliding (tandem) from Coronet Peak
Tuesday afternoon: Prop plane acrobatics ride (passenger)
Wed: Keeping it open for weather delay of previous activities. If all's clear, probably a rainforest trek.
Thursday: Three (or more) runs of Heli-boarding (you get taken to the top of a mountain via helicopter where the fresh snow is)
Friday: snowmobiling? another bungee jump? hiking? Still thinking about it.

9 comments:

Unknown said...

So good......

M said...

I'm already preparing my remarks for your memorial service.

Anonymous said...

Sent the link to a few other people I thought might be interested in your adventure. Take lots of pictures....and try not to break a leg:)

Anonymous said...

Mikie....that's terrible. You're going to make mom worry more.

M said...

Also, the first comment is blogspam. God I hate spammers.

andrew said...

Beautiful. Meanwhile, we are working. Some of us quite hard.

andrew said...

PS if you don't pilot the prop plane for at least a little while I'll be very disappointed.

Anonymous said...

Andrew...don't encourage him.

andrew said...

He didn't even get to pull his own ripcord when we went parachuting... it was sad.